$590.00 – $700.00
All applications require a one-time nonrefundable application fee of $15.00.
Our Medication Aide Program has been approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing. The Program consists of 68 hours which includes 48 hours of didactic and 20 hours of hands-on facility training. The Medication Aide program will prepare students with the basic techniques to safely administer medication in an Assisted Living Facility licensed by Virginia Department of Social Services. The enrollment fee for new students is $700 while the fee for returning GCTI students will be $590.
Medication Aides assist residents with medications and students will learn the classifications and side effects of drugs used in various care settings. This course is intended to prepare students to safely perform the standard duties of a Medication Aide in a licensed adult care and assisted living facilities under the supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical/ vocational nurse. The class consists of 68 hours of theory and clinical instructions.
- You must have CNA, PCA, or HHA certification in order to take the Registered Medication Aide course.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Immunizations: Negative PPD/ chest x-ray results
- Satisfactory Criminal Background Check
- Valid CPR Certification from American Heart Association
- Valid ID card
- PowerPoint presentations
- Watch with a second hand
- Sphygmomanometer and stethoscope
- Thermometer (oral, rectal or ear)