This is a 68 hour course, using the approved curriculum by the Virginia Board of Nursing, this
68 hours Medication Aide training program will prepare qualified individuals to assist with self-
administration of medication in assisted living facilities (ALF). This consists of 48 hours in classroom and 20 hours of facility training. The Medication Aide class will prepare students with the basic techniques and safety procedures for medication administration and the regulations concerning prescription medications. The enrollment fee for new students is $600 while the fee for returning GCTI students who completed the CNA program is $550.
Medication Aides assist residents with medications and students will learn the classifications
and side effects of drugs used in various care settings. This course is intended to prepare students to safely perform the standard duties of a Medication Aide in a licensed adult care and assisted living facilities under the supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical/ vocational nurse. The class consists of 68 hours of theory and clinical instructions.
- You must have CNA, PCA, or HHA certification in order to take the Registered Medication
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Immunizations: Negative PPD/ chest x-ray results
- Satisfactory Criminal Background Check
- Valid CPR Certification from American Heart Association
- Valid ID card
- PowerPoint presentations
- Watch with a second hand
- Sphygmomanometer and stethoscope
- Thermometer (oral, rectal or ear)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All Levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes