Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)


We have partnered with MyCAA (military spouse) program which will pay 100% of tuition costs. Please contact our office to learn more at (703)910-7239 or fill out the form below to request a MyCAA consultation with one of our representatives.

About MyCAA

The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA) is a career development and employment assistance program sponsored by the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program. MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications, or Associates Degree (excluding Associates Degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth, Portable Career Fields and Occupations.

What else does MyCAA Offer?

Training and Education Financial Assistance – MyCAA provides a maximum education benefit of up to $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses in acquiring a professional credential needed to meet their Portable Career goal. Annual cap waivers are available if there is an upfront tuition cost that exceeds $2,000 (up to the maximum education benefit of $4,000).

Employment Readiness Counseling – Counseling services are provided to all military spouses married to active duty service members of all ranks, regardless of their eligibility to receive MyCAA financial assistance and their desire to pursue higher levels of education. Counseling services help military spouses identify additional sources of federal, state, and local financial assistance, expanded career choices and opportunities, and necessary support resources (e.g., child care, transportation, books, computers, equipment, supplies, etc.).

Employment Assistance and Career Services – Referrals are made to networks of military friendly employers for MyCAA spouse participants who have completed their programs of study using MyCAA funding and who are ready to seek gainful employment.

Who is eligible?

Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve Components in these same pay grades.

Are currently employed military spouses eligible?


Do spouses have to select a school that is participating?

No, but it can take up to 60 days for approval, and it is recommended to find a school that is participating. The school and only the school can apply for the MyCAA program. Spouses can encourage the schools to apply and even provide them the link to the application. These schools have an incentive to do so if it’s a difference between a military spouse attending the school or not. The easier path, however, is to choose a school that is already participating.

Where can I get more information?

Contact a Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Consultant at 1.800.342.9647.

Read more: https://militarybenefits.info/military-spouse-career-advancement-accounts-mycaa/#ixzz4zcYiU5pN

Request a MyCAA Consultation